Looking for recommendations on camera stores in Singapore?
Posted 02 December 2011 - 10:37 PM
Posted 02 December 2011 - 11:10 PM
If you have local friends, you might get a slightly better deal in Alan Photo in Sim Lim Square but not always.
Posted 02 December 2011 - 11:16 PM
Posted 03 December 2011 - 09:33 AM
Singas was my old stomping ground for ten years....for cam stuff stay away from orchard road.. Tourist trap.
Go to the Funan mall near City Hall MRT . There are a few shops there but two I would trust are TK Photo and John 3:16.
You might want to check the website www.clubsnap.com local site that has second hand equipment as well.
For Hi-Fi you MUST also visit The Adelphi, across the road from Funan, near the City Hall MRT.
This is full of Hi-Fi dealers and music on vinyl and cd/SACD.
Highlights are Norman audio (tell Ivan u know me) and Sound Decisions (Sammy is the man) amongst others.
For discs seek out New Disc Village (Ernest)...LOTS of great music there and also Roxy music.
Have fun and let us know how u go!
Posted 03 December 2011 - 10:30 PM
I should have saved myself the trouble and just sent you a PM, l forgot you were a resident of Singapore for many years
City Hall is not too far from Orchard Road so while the other halves go shopping in the Orchard rd area which l remember as being quite crowded, we will head there for a look. The main part of our trip is the Uk so there will be lots of LP shopping there but might spend a bit of time in the Adelphi and see what its all about.
John 13:6 come back with a quote for the two lenses i want that is about 25% under RRP in Oz, not a huge saving but then l want these two lenses for holiday snaps so running out of time to source them locally now.
Posted 03 December 2011 - 10:59 PM
Posted 03 December 2011 - 11:11 PM
Posted 03 December 2011 - 11:42 PM
Have a safe and fantastic trip to Singapore and the UK and take lots of photos.
Posted 05 December 2011 - 11:34 PM
PS Doggie will get in touch..
Posted 06 December 2011 - 06:20 AM
I have sent you a PM regarding cam stuff. I know a guy who works at a shop here....he'll look after you......
Posted 06 December 2011 - 11:01 PM
Posted 06 December 2011 - 11:14 PM
did you end up buying it from peter?
Posted 06 December 2011 - 11:39 PM
Posted 07 December 2011 - 10:36 AM
- price must be GST inclusive. Especially to unsuspecting tourist, they tend to quote you before then slap you with 7% GST. This is illegal. Even locals fall for this trap. Suggest you to print this bring it along with you show whenever there is a dispute. http://www.iras.gov....4.aspx?id=10830
- check the goods first with local warranty card. All happy then pass your cash when agreed on prices. Once you paid, no chance of getting a refund.
- if you ask cheaper price, they will tend to bring out grey imports from the back
- make sure to claim all the freebies that is given to you by the supplier. Whatever the model you are after, check websites of each importers what freebies are included. (Often 8gb memory cards, case, screen protectors and carry bags)
- make sure whether it is cash only price or not
- I tend to buy from Harvey Norman in SG, sometimes cheaper or ask them to price match if dearer, sometimes they do or give you a better prices. If can't, still prefer to buy it from them as they will give you local set and accepts all modes of payment.
- anything S$100 or more, you can claim the GST
Good luck with your shopping.
Visual: Pioneer krp-500a, Pioneer 428xg, Pioneer BDP 51-FD, Sony BDP-S370