What stereo and speakers to buy?

So my grandma wants to get my family a stereo+speakers for inside our house for christmas and she has no idea what to get and has asked me to figure it out and after doing a bit of research I still don't have much of an idea. Any good suggestions? Probably something like mid range?

So my grandma wants to get my family a stereo+speakers for inside our house for christmas and she has no idea what to get and has asked me to figure it out and after doing a bit of research I still don't have much of an idea. Any good suggestions? Probably something like mid range?

You'd better give a budget range because someone's mid range system maybe other's top end system. 

I see you are in Vic ( hopefully Melbourne )

The best thing to do would be to go to a reputable dealer and discuss your needs and budget with them and based on their suggestions you could do some listening to see what you like ( and perhaps what you don't )

These are quite a few highly reputable and helpful dealers who can assist you and some of these are SNA forum sponsors. My suggestion is to pay them a visit to discuss your options

• Like 1