From YouTube comments

even his man boobs are pouting

:P

Edited by Dirty_vinylpusher

I don't mind Affleck.

Meh, he's ok sometimes.

Action hero....not so much.

One of his best movies IMO

post-145321-0-21731900-1459210359_thumb.

Samuel L Jackson is brilliant in it as well.

Playing a very different role from his usual "Yo MoFo" schtick

:)

Watched this over the weekend. Some random notes but no spoilers.

• We knew going in the Rotten tomato rating was like 29%, but decided we could fight the bias and prejudices. In the end my wife rated it a 4.5 out of 10, and I rated it a soft 6.
  • Very dark and overly serious movie, not much fun, joy or jokes. Some may find it a bit boring but I didn't mind.
  • The premise was a bit contrived and took a long time to set up; the editing did not helped. Again it is the age old problem of translating comic books to screen (yet Marvel seen to have mastered it).
  • Ben Affleck was actually ok as Bruce Wayne. One gets the feeling that he tried really hard to make this work so it is not fair to pin the negative reviews on his performance.
  • Jesse Eisenberg's performance would polarise opinions, you either love him or hate him. 
  • Saw it in 3D but I didn't think it added much to this movie (unlike star wars). The cinematography was great though, that was one positive.
Edited by LHC

Saw it last night, good for 3/4 then gets a little OTT. (Der)

I never saw man of steel but tempted to now.

Cinematography was brilliant, a lot of good imagery and acting I thought was good.

Ost rocks with Hans zimmer and XL junkie ,ore dynamic and less operatic than usual Hz.

Saw it on Good Friday and thoroughly enjoyed it. Yes, the battle at the end was way too OTT, but then again, so was the one at the end of Man Of Steel. As for the rest, I thought it was well worth the price of admission (we saw it 2D - busy movies don't make good 3D IMO). And Mrs CE agreed. Jesse was a masterful performance, and I really liked Jeremy Irons as well. Thought the WW character was quite w\ell thought out also.

But I really want to see "Suicide Squad"!

Went in with low expectations based on all the terrible reviews.

Thoroughly enjoyed it , Affleck was very good , Cavill was just the same as in man of steel and Gal Gadot was fun in her too short appearance as wonder woman.

Fight between supes and batman was very well done......really don't get all the terrible reviews ,complaining about poor cgi and bad fight scenes etc.

Much preferred this to the last Avengers movie.

It does everything it says on the tin....a solid 7.5/10 for me.

• Like 2

I thought ben affleck did really well , but maybe he still seemed a bit young to be batman?

Cavill i thought was good - i liked him in the man from uncle.

Fight scenes were good, the scene was suitably frantic and full on.

Edited by cafe67

We should start a spoilers thread.

Went to watch it on Friday... what a trip!

Some bits over the top, but enjoyed nonetheless very much. Can't say more as I risk spoiling it for someone else.

Wonder Woman is wonderful.  She got super speed too?

She rocked! And I found Ben Affleck's Batman very cool! He's alright in my book!

• Like 1

I saw it yesterday, really enjoyed it! Better than "Man of Steel" for me. Was surprised when Affleck was cast as Batman but I thought he nailed it.

I'm a huge fan of all the DC animated movies and this more than held its own with them.

I saw this last week.

You need to see at least the end of "Man Of Steel" to appreciate the beginning of BvP.

It was okay, lots of derring-do and ninja fights and mayhem. A a bit confusing sudden changes in plot and with the dream sequences etc. I'm guessing there's a longer cut that makes such narrative changes smoother. At one point I thought the film had turned into Mad Max, and then there's brief flashes of characters that are obviously going to appear in later moofies. Marvel at least has links to the next films in their closing credits, so that the actual movie can stand alone. Not the DC movies, though.

Battfleck was good. Poor old Superman was kind of a hanger-on. Lex Luther was played as The Joker, for some reason. Wonder Woman did not need to be in the film at all, but she was a bit of alright. Not enough Amy Adams (especially in the bathtub scene). 

--Geoff

• Like 1