Musical Fidelity X-Can V2 Tube Class A Headphone Amplifier

I started with xcan v-8p for my sennheiser hd 650 then got the v8 psu then got x10v3 buffer well 2 actually

Still had them in 2 of my setups until recently, sold here as I restructured my setups and they were in surplus

In regard to the other units haven't tried them so can't really comment

Edited by Neo

I have the v3 X-Can used with AKG Q701s and I find it very good indeed, I have fitted the Rock grotto Capacitor upgrade kit which made a difference in both bass and treble.

I found v8p excellent, additional refinements were added when I got the dedicated psu. 1.3w into 32ohm that's plenty to drive even the most demanding headphones

Unfortunately I only dealt with sennheiser headphones when I had that as a primary listening source, but can't imagine it being a bad match. So the headphones I used are sennheiser hd 650 300ohm, 500 and 558 which I believe are 50ohm a piece

The other wonderful thing which can be done with is tube substitution or rolling but I never done that as I preferred the sound of ecc88

The other duty that v8p saw was as a single source valve preamp that was its primary purpose in the last year or so

Neo

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...