Favourite small cast movies - anyone?

Let's set a limit of a maximum of 10 in the cast. Total. Just for discussion purposes.

Some that come to mind are My Dinner with Andre, The Quiet Earth, Sleuth (with Caine and Olivia, of course), Dark Star (although sometimes this is listed as having 11 in the cast) and Alien.

Often taking places in cramped quarters (spaceships, lifeboats, or shipwrecked on islands) some of these movies provide some of the more memorable performances and scenes of all movies - and it ain't just special effects, ma!

Sleuth still does it for me. After all these years, Caine and Olivia just seem to match each other as if they're really going for it, not just playing their parts in this contrived plot. Wonderful!

• Like 3

Man this is hard!

:wacko:

I was gonna say Duel and The Shining but while they only have a couple of main characters, they both have way too many people listed.

Evil Dead.....also a long cast list with all the...dead....

:unsure:

Spencer Tracy in Hemingway's "Old Man and the Sea"

I remember as kid cringing at the scene where the Rope is cutting his hands to ribbons with Blood flowing-- as the Animal dives to the Depths

Willco

• Like 4

That's right, Come Back To The 5 And Dime Jimmy Dean Jimmy Dean was a bit of a cracker.

I'll have to try Old Man and the Sea

The African Queen is also pretty close to qualifying!!!

• Like 3

Spencer Tracy in Hemingway's "Old Man and the Sea"

I remember as kid cringing at the scene where the Rope is cutting his hands to ribbons with Blood flowing-- as the Animal dives to the Depths

Willco

Much better book than movie I think
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...