GTG. In Coffs Harbour

Lenehan Audio

We are planning a GTG at @@alcarp's place at Coffs Harbour on Sunday, 24th April 2016 (Anzac Day weekend) beginning at 10:00 am and finishing at 4:00 pm. We will have the following equipment available:

Source: PS Audio Directstream DAC

Curious USB cables Uptone audio Regen

Amplifiers: Jungson JA-100 Luxury 100 wpc Mono Blocs

PS Audio BHK 300 Mono Blocs

Cables: LenehanAudio FoilFlex and FoilTek. Our latest SOTA designs. There will also be Synergistic Research and Townshend cables on hand for comparison .

Speakers: LenehanAudio ML2 Limited Loudspeakers

Places are limited to 8. We already have 3 confirmed and the remainder will be allotted on a first come, first served basis.

If you wish to attend you should pm @@alcarp with your mobile contact to reserve your place and details of the venue will be texted to you.

Please only do this if you are certain of attending.

This will be a great opportunity to audition a system will all components fully run in and in a home setting."

Best Regards. Mike Lenehan

• Like 3

So the new cables are finally done? Will have to try them out - when I have some money. :)

Will have to do a GTG at my place when I finally get the FDAC and USB Detox - John Westlake is just as slow and perfectionist as MIke. ;)

Edited by ljmac

Mike,

I'd love to hear this, as I'd like to hear your new cables with the ML2 speakers.

My amp is far more modest than the examples given....

When will the speaker cables be available to buy? My Ribbonteks need an upgrade

Mike,

I'd love to hear this, as I'd like to hear your new cables with the ML2 speakers.

My amp is far more modest than the examples given....

When will the speaker cables be available to buy? My Ribbonteks need an upgrade

Hi John       I'm waiting for a shipment of the new ribbon wire before we can build some production cables but we are talking a few weeks I guess.  I have a 2mtr pair and two 1.5mtr pairs at the moment.  2mtr Pair $1500  1.5mtr Pair $1450 . 

They take my son Andrew 14hours to build a 2.5mtr Pair over a 3 day period .  The difference between the old RibbonTek and the new FoilTek speaker cable is VERY significant .

Regards Mike

• Like 1

Put me down as a definite.

Will be great to meet you Mike. :)

I will be brigning along my Townshend cables and IC's as well if anyone interested in hearing/comparing.

This is such a nice thing that @@alcarp is doing and am looking forward to hearing some awesome gear.

• Like 1

I will be brigning along my Townshend cables and IC's as well if anyone interested in hearing/comparing.

This is such a nice thing that @@alcarp is doing and am looking forward to hearing some awesome gear.

Glad you will be there too Daz. I'm very much looking forward to meeting everyone & listening to some great gear. I take it that it will be a laptop as the source.

• Like 1

Daz, are your IC's balanced or unbalanced.

Hi John       I'm waiting for a shipment of the new ribbon wire before we can build some production cables but we are talking a few weeks I guess.  I have a 2mtr pair and two 1.5mtr pairs at the moment.  2mtr Pair $1500  1.5mtr Pair $1450 . 

They take my son Andrew 14hours to build a 2.5mtr Pair over a 3 day period .  The difference between the old RibbonTek and the new FoilTek speaker cable is VERY significant .

Regards Mike

So what exactly is the difference between them? The name implies an even thinner layer of copper - would this make them less physically robust?

Not sure what the source could be but time will tell! :)

My source is an Intel NUC powered by a 12 volt LPS with an internal SSD. Fed from a NAS. Assisted by a REGEN also fed from the LPS and the Curious Link cable.

Software is Microsoft Server 2012 with the Audiophile Optimizer. Player is JRiver.

Anyone with a better source is welcome to bring it along.

• Like 3

I shall be also taking along the PS Audio Perfectwave CDT for those wanting to listen to the excellent playback format of the silver disc. :D

Onya Daz. I have 2 or 3 tracks that can make an interesting listen. I recently put some Antipodes Audio speaker cables in my rig that are end game for me, but I won't confuse matters by offering them for comparisons.

You could bring them, the worst that could happen would be that we run out of time to try them etc but I doubt it would matter if you brought the Antipodes stuff along, most would want to hear them, me included. @@alcarp might further advise Mikey.

I will bring a CD with a some nice bassy stuff on it that @@JukKluk2 sent me, with some assorted others.

I think most there would like Slipknot.

Edited by Darren69

You could bring them, the worst that could happen would be that we run out of time to try them etc but I doubt it would matter if you brought the Antipodes stuff along, most would want to hear them, me included. @@alcarp might further advise Mikey.

I will bring a CD with a some nice bassy stuff on it that @@JukKluk2 sent me, with some assorted others.

I think most there would like Slipknot.

Damn, @@Darren69, I wish that you were all a lot closer. Would love to hear the 1 Giant Leap and Nitin Sawhney on that system. Would love to hear the BHK mono's, full stop.

• Like 1

You could bring them, the worst that could happen would be that we run out of time to try them etc but I doubt it would matter if you brought the Antipodes stuff along, most would want to hear them, me included. @@alcarp might further advise Mikey.I will bring a CD with a some nice bassy stuff on it that @@JukKluk2 sent me, with some assorted others.I think most there would like Slipknot.

I know I like Slipknot but I doubt most there will , but it will be a good test for the bass performance

• Like 1

Hi Guys

I am not well at the moment. 

I have Bells Palsy (one side of your face gets paralysed) that I am only about 60% recovered from.  Because of that my eye was unable to blink and was open during sleep - it became very dry and I developed a corneal ulcer.  By applying lubricating eye ointment a lot during the day and before I went to sleep the ulcer healed in about a week but unfortunately my eye doctor noticed some corneal thinning where the ulcer was that concerned him.  The thinning can grow and perforate the eye.  However he thinks by applying the ointment that will not happen so every 3 hours or so I have to goop my eye up with lubricating ointment.  It makes my vision blurry and while I feel safe driving where I live making a long trip is out.  He is going to review it in a months time and will see what the go is then.

Anyway the upshot is while I would like to go I cant make it so wish those that go all the best and look forward to the write up.

Thanks

Bill

Edited by bhobba